Thursday, October 9, 2008

Scientist for Jesus



"Daddy, I want to stop the fighting in Science," my 5-year-old says to me the other day.

"Oh, yeah? How so?"

"I want to prove scientifically that God created the world."

You know, I believe he could do it. Last week he was explaining to me how a combustion engine works. Went totally over my head, but he knew exactly what he was talking about. He can spend hours with his microscope, reading about dinosaurs, building planes and helicopters, and coming up with ideas for experiments.

There used to be a time when to be a scientist meant to have a strong faith in God. Many scientists nowadays seem to take pride in ridiculing or being condescending toward believers. I pray for a generation of upcoming scientists who can converse with skeptics, atheists, agnostics and prodigal scientists on a highly technical level, but who are themselves passionate about the Lord Jesus Christ.

"Father, strengthen my son's heart and sharpen his mind. Let him bring glory to the Name of Jesus through his love of science. Let him bring light into dark places. Let him reach people that are far from You. Let me be an encouragement to him as he follows the path You have laid out for him."

4 comments:

endued October 10, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

that's awesome Brian...maybe you should go rent the new flick on video "Expelled" for him to watch.

Brian October 10, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

Never heard of "Expelled." I'll have to look it up.

sdrocksg October 24, 2008 at 1:00 AM  

Brian,
If you haven't done so yet, get him "A Case for a Creator-for kids"
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Creator-Kids-Lee-Strobel/dp/0310711487/ref=pd_sim_b_1
He will absolutely enjoy this book!
no doubt!

Brian October 24, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Thanks for the tip, sdrocksg. Do you know a child who has read this book? How old is he/she?

©2007-2009 Brian Andrews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP