Thursday, September 25, 2008

Recently released

I was sitting at my desk at school at the end of the day, when I looked up through the window in the door and noticed a familiar face. It was a student I had last year. I went out to greet him.

"Whassup!" he said as he greeted me with outstretched hand.

"Hey, Jarold (not his real name), how are you doing?"

"Good. Where are all the other teachers at?" He was expecting to find teachers that he had last year.

"Oh, this section has been turned into a different school. All the other teachers are upstairs." We walked together to try to find some of his other previous teachers. "How have you been?"

"I just got out of jail today," he informed me. "I was in a little over three months." I wasn't surprised. He had been one of the more challenging students. Having ministered in a jail for a while, I could relate some to his situation.

Having brought him to one of his other previous teachers, I went back downstairs to start my tutoring session.

"Lord, touch Jarold's heart. Transform him and make him new."

0 comments:

©2007-2009 Brian Andrews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP