Sunday, August 31, 2008

Off to a not so great start

Bummer!!!

It was about 4:56 am last Monday morning. I was driving to a prayer meeting when all of a sudden I see the red and blue flashing lights in my rear view mirror. My heart sunk.

"Good morning, sir," the officer began. "Was there a reason you didn't come to a full and complete stop at that intersection?"

"Well, officer, I'm late to a prayer meeting where we're specifically praying for men in uniform such as yourself."

(It was true that I was late to the prayer meeting, but I didn't actually say that to him. I mumbled something about being confused about which way I was going blah, blah, blah.)

Inside, I was hoping for mercy. Maybe he would check my record, see that it was clean, and let me off with a warning...? No such luck.

Not the best way to start the day, my first day of school....But as Amy said when I got home from the prayer meeting, "At least your day can only get better from here."

0 comments:

©2007-2009 Brian Andrews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP