Sunday, August 31, 2008

New teacher orientation

New teacher orientation for teachers in my school district took place a couple weeks ago. The main speaker was the City Manager. I was really impressed by this man who demonstrated a clear and genuine faith in Christ. He was very open about his faith in this decidedly secular setting.

He told us all that he believes God brought him to Cedar Hill, and that he believes that there is going to be spiritual transformation in the city that will affect government, business, churches and schools. It was very encouraging to hear his heart for the city, and to catch his vision of what God wants to do here.

After his message I sp0ke with him privately, and he shared more of what he believes are God's plans for the schools. As he was talking, I felt the presence of the Lord and I got a new sense of calling to my position as a math teacher. It was just what I needed to hear. I pray that the Lord will use me as a vessel at my school and that the light of Jesus will shine clearly.

3 comments:

jnap August 31, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

Brian,

One of the interesting things about living in "the Bible Belt" as opposed to the Northeast (that is too stuck on itself to acknowledge the importance of religion)is that it really is not unusual to hear Christian messages in secular settings...

Having said that, it is very sad that people of faith who are Jewish, Islam, Hindu, Buddist, etc, and sometimes Catholic, and Latter Day Saints are disparaged as not being "true believers."

Anonymous,  September 1, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Unless they believe that faith in Christ is the only way to God...then, sadly, they are not true believers!

Brian September 1, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

Jnap,

I would agree with "anonymous" that Jesus said that He was the only way to get to God the Father. That's what fuels my fire for bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to those who don't know Him.

©2007-2009 Brian Andrews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP