Monday, February 25, 2008

Groundbreaking


Here's the first picture of our new house. Ground was broken on it just a few days ago. The house is located in the southern part of Arlington, a suburb between Dallas and Ft. Worth. We're excited about the fact that the house will be relatively close to the church at which we recently began fellowshipping.

We're hoping to close on the house in mid to late May. We'll try to have regular (weekly?) updates on the progress of the house. But you know us: no promises!

The house is symbolic of the fresh start in life we're getting here in Texas. Although being a Texan is sinking in now, sometimes I still stop and ask myself, "How in the world did I get here?" Never a dull moment.

3 comments:

jim and steff,  February 26, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Wow! It's so exciting to see that groundbreaking picture--we're so happy for all of you! I guess you really are Texans now, but we selfishly wish you were still New Yorkers--especially a certain curly red dog...

jnap February 26, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

Brian, Amy and Family,

My friends Jim and Steff say such wonderful things about you, and I do so enjoy your blog.

Welcome to Texas from an almost 31 year transplant from Massachusetts. Texas grew on me, and I hope it grows on you, too. Maybe we can join forces to convince Jim and Steff they have to see Texas sometime in their life time (if not transplant.)

Anonymous,  February 27, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Hi Brian-

I'm trying to help David Young get the church web site updated. Please contact me so that we can work on transferring ownership of the domain?

Thanks,

Bob Wilson
bob@ithacavineyard.com

©2007-2009 Brian Andrews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP