Friday, January 18, 2008

Hey, it's me, Amy

Well, since it appears Brian has dropped the ball with regards to blogging...

Just kidding. :) He's been working like a madman, trying to adjust to his new teaching job. As far as I'm concerned, he's my hero. I'm so grateful that he's willing to teach and pour himself into it even though teaching isn't exactly something he's particularly passionate about.

Word on the street is (read: according to his principal), he's doing a great job. I must say, those 9th graders are giving him a run for his money. And I keep thinking: Was I that ridiculous when I was in 9th grade? All I've gotta say is, I'm glad it's Brian and not me; I would have most certainly pinched someone's head off by now. In any case, I'm sure he'll be back to his regular blogging schedule...uh...hopefully soon.

As for the rest of us, we're truckin' right along. Living with Grandma and Grandpa is a definite hit and we're slowly accepting our fate the fact that we now live in Texas. Yes, we live in Texas, y'all. (Please wait a moment while I let that sink in; it's slightly disturbing. OK, I'm OK.) Actually, Texas isn't all that bad. I mean, how could one complain about mostly sunny weather, no snow and temperatures that rarely dip below 30 degrees? Also, the people here are exceptionally friendly.

The kids and I spend our days doing our schoolwork and heading up the cooking responsibilities (a nice trade off for living rent-free if you ask me!). We've been looking for a church since we arrived in November and finally visited one last week that looks promising. The atmosphere and style are right up our alley and unlike many of the others we've visited, this one is less than 10 miles down the road (most of the others were at least a 45 minute drive). We're hoping that we will now start making some friends.

Otherwise, we're just waiting the arrival of the new baby. Brian has predicted that the baby will be born on January 19 (that would be tomorrow). Now, Brian is an exceptional man, as you all know, and I wouldn't trade him for the world. However, I hate to say it, but I no longer listen to his predictions about the arrival of our offspring. Not after what happened with Josiah anyway. For those of you that don't know, he predicted Josiah would be born on April 7, 8 or 9 (or something like that) and Josiah didn't show up until April 28. I can't tell you how thrilled I was about that (uh, hope you caught the sarcasm there).

I suppose I should mention (in Brian's defense) that he predicted Isaiah would be born on December 1 and don't you know, that kid was born at 12:35 am on December 1. So, when it came time for Josiah to be born, I had faith in him. But well, now, well, let's just say my faith in his predictions has waned. Although I suppose there is a possibility he could redeem himself if this baby is born tomorrow. We'll have to see...

In any case, we are grateful that God led us to the midwives and birthing center He did. My only prayer now is that when the time comes, we'll be able to make it to the birthing center before getting stuck in a traffic jam and having to give birth in the car on the side of the road (Dallas traffic can be like that).

Anyway, I'll sign off for now. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I don't expect to post often because I tend to be flaky like that. Lots of love to all of you!

1 comments:

theolsons January 19, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

Brian has been redeemed!...can't wait to see pictures of my newest nephew!!

©2007-2009 Brian Andrews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP