Monday, December 17, 2007

On turning 40

This morning I felt a sudden surge of maturity and wisdom. All of my issues were immediately resolved. Revelation after revelation came pouring forth from on high. I had great insight into theological paradoxes and geopolitical conundrums. At the same time my fathering became flawless. I discovered the perfect balance of grace and truth, love and firm discipline. Life's questions that I had pondered over and struggled with for years became as simple as 2+2. I learned the secret of perfect relational dynamics, and had instant skill in counseling others to experience the same. And to top it all off, my humility rose to even greater heights....

"Babe! Babe! Wake up! What are you mumbling about?"

"Huh? What happened?"

"Happy Birthday, Babe."

"Oh, thanks, Dear....But you interrupted a great dream."

0 comments:

©2007-2009 Brian Andrews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP