Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We made it to Dallas

(Update: Picture of POD.)
All our stuff was packed into a POD and was picked up for storage last Friday. The idea of a POD is great. I wish I had thought of it.

After Amy's doctor appointments on Friday afternoon, we said our last goodbyes to our neighbors and drove off. I cried once as we drove out of our neighborhood, and again as we got on I-390 leaving the Rochester area. "Lord, let Your Kingdom come in Rochester."

We drove both our cars. Amy did an amazing job driving 1500 miles in three days--especially considering she was driving with three kids under 7, and is 7 months pregnant. (Yes, she chose that arrangement. She prefers driving our Pilot over the Camry.) I found out later the secret of why everyone was so happy in her car. Two words: Halloween candy.

Our first overnight was at a Motel 6 in Strongsville, OH, a small town just outside of Cleveland. On Saturday, we drove to St. Louis and stayed at a Super 8 in nearby Fenton that night. We attended Jubilee Church in the heart of St. Louis Sunday morning. We enjoyed the service, and were blessed by the friendliness of the people. A pastor on staff and his wife took our family out to lunch after the service. The restaurant was a half block from the church building, so we walked there.

After lunch, we continued our journey southwest. We initially planned on driving to Springfield, MO, but we decided to go all the way to Tulsa, OK so that the drive Monday would not be so long. We stayed at a Country Inn in Tulsa. Our lodging in St. Louis and Tulsa were free because we used reward points from our credit card spending. Interestingly, the room number we stayed in in St. Louis and Tulsa was "113." Coincidence or a sign from God? Maybe our baby will be born 1/13. (The due date is 1/20.) If you're wondering about our room number in Strongsville, OH, it was "116." Close, but no cigar. How about the birth happening at 1:16 a.m.? Hey, it's better than Amy giving birth to an 11 lb. 6 oz. baby!

We arrived at Amy's parents' house in Dallas on Monday, 11/19 at about 11:45 a.m. We were tired, but we all made it safely. There's only one question we have: What do we do now?


theolsons November 22, 2007 at 2:16 AM  

in answer to your question...rest, relax, refresh, renew and wait :)
love ya guys and wish we were there with you!

©2007-2009 Brian Andrews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP